Short answer, no, however, you do need to be open water certified to scuba dive.
Necessary scuba certification courses:
Recommended scuba certification courses:
- Advanced open water
- Learn interested 5 lessons like deep or wreck where you can find Lionfish
- You can then go to a maximum of 100′
- Deep Specialty
- learn the necessary safety procedures to go to 130′ – the maximum depth a recreational diver is recommended to go.
- Enriched Air (Nitrox)
- learn the necessary safety procedures to extend your dives.
- Peak Performace Buoyancy
- learn to control your buoyancy while hunting – don’t damage the reef
There are many certifications and courses you can take to help with your hunting, but not necessary for a successful hunt.