The Women Divers Hall of Fame ™ (WDHOF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring and raising awareness of the contributions of outstanding women divers. WDHOF provides educational, mentorship, financial, and career opportunities to the diving community throughout the world. Each year, WDHOF awards scholarships and training grants that provide financial and educational support to individuals of all ages.
Thirty-eight scholarships and training grants are offered this year. For some of the categories, more than one scholarship/grant is being offered. A summary of the scholarship/grant categories is listed below. Full descriptions, sponsorship and amounts can be found in the press release. Application instructions can be found here.
2023 Scholarships (17)
• Marine Conservation Scholarships: Graduate(4 – women only, 1 – women or men)
• Marine Conservation Scholarships: Undergraduate(1 – women only, 1 – women or men)
• J. Berman Memorial Grant for Sea Turtle Conservation(1 – women only)
• Susan L. Williams Memorial Fellowships in Coral and Seagrass Rehabilitation (4 – women only)
• Cecelia Connelly Memorial Graduate Scholarship in Underwater Archaeology (1 – women only)
• Undergraduate Marine Research Scholarships & Internship (1 – women or men)
• Laurel Clark Memorial Sea to Space Physiology Research Fellowships (2 – women or men)
• Bonnie Cardone Memorial Scholarship in Journalism, Graphic Arts, Photography, or Videography(1 – women only)
2023 Training Grants (15)
• Basic dive training (learn to dive) (6 – women only,1 – women or men)
• Advanced dive training (6 – women only, 1 – women or men)
• Basic or advanced hard hat dive training(1 – women or men)
• Basic or advanced dive training for candidates in ROTC, JROTC, military academy, Sea Scout or Sea Cadet(1 – women or men)
• Disabled diver (beginner or advanced) or instructor to assist disabled to dive (1 – women or men)
2023 Specialty Grants (6)
• Instructor advanced education (1 – women only)
• Diver medical education or emergency medical responder (5 – women or men)
The deadline for receipt of applications is October 31, 2022,at 5:00 pm New York time.
(Exception: Undergraduate Marine Research Internshipcloses Jan 15, 2023 at 5:00 pm New York time.)