The divemaster course will transform you from a passionate diver into a dive leader. Expand your knowledge of scuba diving concepts and equipment through independent study. Gain leadership abilities through practical workshops with an instructor mentor.
Take This Course If You Want to
Learn How to
PADI eLearning: 15-20 hours
Entire course: 2 weeks
Some divers complete their divemaster training over many months, while others prefer an intense two-week program. As with all PADI courses, the timeline is up to you.
To start the PADI Divemaster course, you must be at least 18 years old, have 40 logged dives, hold a Rescue Diver (or equivalent) certification and have Emergency First Response® (or equivalent) CPR and first aid training within the past 24 months. If you need CPR and first aid refresher training, your PADI Instructor can add it to your divemaster program, just ask.
Having 60 dives is an exit requirement, but you’ll likely do enough diving during the course to meet it.
With Your Instructor
- Prerequisites: Rescue Diver, 40 logged dives, CPR and First Aid certification within 24 months, medical clearance to dive
- Minimum age: 18 years or older
- Assist PADI Instructors with training and non-training scuba diving activities
- Accompany certified PADI Scuba Divers and Open Water Divers on dives
- Assist with Discover Scuba Diving® programs
- Teach PADI ReActivate®, scuba refresher, Discover Snorkeling and PADI Advanced Snorkeler courses
- Lead Discover Local Diving programs
PADI Divemasters can also organize conservation activities and teach ocean conservation courses with additional training, a great way to establish yourself as a local diving expert and generate income topside.
Class Location: Zookeeper (The LZK Group, LLC), 10330 NW 55th St, Sunrise, FL 33351
****Cancellations less than 48 hours before scheduled start times will result in a $50 rescheduling fee per student.*****